- Better way to retrieve credentials: Qubes OS; https://www.vaultproject.io/
- Isolation using a split-vm approach common in Qubes OS where the unlocking is done in a disposable vm which only gets the keys it needs potentially after the remote system has been verified or even in a different vm.
- Support remote attestation (Trusted Computing). Ref: http://trousers.sourceforge.net/faq.html#2.1
- Measure time between startup of the server and the availability of the ssh service ;) (If possible: If you are like me you also power on your server with a shell command ;) )
- Option to run/update validation during normal operation.
- Support key encryption using GnuPG like Mandos has implemented it. Requires to add user separation to the initramfs because currently FDEunlock has full control over target and could just extract the decryption key.